Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Changes Complete


I now have a dual boot system (as before) but this time Ubuntu is installed on a 60Gb partition of my main hard drive and Vista Ultimate is on the other partion. (90GB)

I also have another drive which has all my music an associated stuff on it (20 Gb formatted with fat 32) which i can access from both Windows and Ubuntu.

Beryl is being a bit funny at the moment. I have 6 desktops setup but when go to flip though them with ctrl + alt + left it only shows a cube which isn't like before. I'm not sure if its some kind of update that screwed things up a bit.

I have made major progress with my command line skill. I now install pretty much every thing from the command line.
Eg.

sudo apt-get install beryl

sudo apt-get install emerald

sudo apt-get install monodevelop

Its pretty sweet the command line (or at least apt-get)

No comments: